You will be observed by your clinical faculty at least four times this semester. Supervisory visits should occur every three to four weeks beginning with the second or third week of placement or sooner for seven and half week placements.
The first visit will be during the first few weeks of student teaching. At that time, please provide your clinical faculty with a copy of your teaching schedule, class schedule, university’s calendar, school vacation dates, and educational goals. Please feel free to call your clinical faculty with any questions or concerns that you might have. They are here to help you have a positive and productive student teaching experience.
- Clinical faculty will observe at least one full lesson, using your lesson plan as a guide. As you assume more responsibility, the observations will include more than one lesson.
- ·As you assume more teaching responsibility, clinical faculty will observe a series of lessons to evaluate ability to transition, variety of teaching styles, pacing, etc.
- ·The clinical faculty will evaluate the lesson on the Plymouth State University observation form.
- ·Clinical faculty will meet with you at the completion of the lesson for a 20 to 30 minute feedback seminar. At this time the reflection questions may be used to assist you with an analysis of your teaching performance.
- The clinical faculty will return a copy of the formal observation form to you as soon as possible and also to the Office of Teacher Certification.