Not sure what major to pursue?
- meet with an advisor in University Studies, the Department that assists undeclared students.
- discover your interests, values, and explore options available to you
- know that being a Deciding student is acceptable, even desirable, particularly for first-year students
- initial choices of majors are tentative and to explore alternatives is a healthy activity
- maintain a positive attitude toward change
You may want to explore various career opportunities by visiting Career Services in the garden-level of Mary Lyon or online. Their resources are designed to encourage exploration and career planning, as well as to assist you in the career decision-making process.
DegreeWorks is an online check sheet for students and their advisors to review and monitor progress toward degree completion. The “What If” feature is used to hypothesize a declaration of a major and/or option or a change in major. You will be able to see how far along in your academic career you would be if you declared or changed your major.
Curriculum Planning Guides
Curriculum Planning Guides are printable checklists with every course requirement for every major at Plymouth State University. They are available on the Office of Undergraduate Studies web site where you may download and print a copy for your major.