Your academic advisor is your most important resource for information about academics. You should also feel free to contact Jenny Tyniec, Academic/Career Counselor at jktyniec (at) plymouth (dot) edu or (603) 535-3253. We welcome your questions, calls, and e-mail.
Goals and up-to-date calendar for your academic year with the Department of University Studies.
The foundation of the advising process is the relationship between the advisor and the student. In this process, the advisor helps students to review, select, and reach their educational objectives in a professional, helpful, and mutually respectful atmosphere that allows students to:
- Become well informed about policies and procedures, curricular options and academic program requirements;
- Clearly define their educational objectives;
- Plan programs which incorporate their interests, abilities and careers goals; and
- Make full use of the facilities and resources available at Plymouth State.
- “What can I do with a major in … ?” A helpful website that will teach you more about typical career areas and the types of employers that hire people with different majors.
- List of Degree Programs and Options: A list of all undergraduate degree programs and options available at Plymouth State, with links to degree requirements.
- List of Minors and Certificates
- The University Studies 2014-2015 Degree Planning Guide
- The U.S. Department of Labor – Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Outlook Handbook
Ideas for Courses to Take
- General Education: List of all courses fulfilling each of the General Education requirements.
Forms You May Need
- Student Schedule Planning Grid (PDF)
- Declaration of Major (Online form)
- Declaration of Minor (PDF)
- or see all Registrar’s Forms.
Help with Registration
- Web Registration Help: Instructions for online registration.
Transferring Courses Into Plymouth
- About Transferring Courses to Plymouth State: Follow these instructions before taking a course at another institution
Help Planning Future Semesters
Curriculum Planning Guides are printable checklists with every course requirement for every major at Plymouth State University to make your planning to graduate in four years much easier. Ask your advisor for assistance. We expect to help!
- 2014-2015 Curriculum Planning Guides
- 2013-2014 Curriculum Planning Guides
- 2012-2013 Curriculum Planning Guides
- 2011-2012 Curriculum Planning Guides
- 2010-2011 Curriculum Planning Guides
- 2009-2010 Curriculum Planning Guides
- 2008-2009 Curriculum Planning Guides
Degree Works Student Guide: See the link for a guide to access Degree Works through your myPlymouth account to see how the courses you want to take will fit into any major, check the progress of your degree, calculate your GPA, and more!