Are you stressed out? Feel like you can’t get everything done that you need to in one day? Overwhelmed? Not Sleeping?
The Wellness Center can help you sort out your day and create a plan that works for you! But, in the mean time, you can practice the SPARKLE Method.
Your bed is for sleeping, reading and intimacy.
When your head hits the pillow, it’s time to sleep, not think
Plan Every Day
Create a to-do list every morning
Recognize the false assumptions you make that lead to anxiety. Will things really turn out to be as bad as you think? Probably not.
Breath deeply when you feel stressed. Get up and change your environment, if only for a short time.
Keep your Anger under Control
Be empathetic and forgiving to others when they make mistakes. Like you, they’re trying to do their best.
Use positive affirmations
Affirmations should use the 4 P’s; personal, positive, passionate and present. For instance, “I am a confident and successful person who can accomplish anything!”
Laugh at the curves life throws at you rather than fretting over them.
Eat Well & Exercise
Avoid eating packaged snacks – anything that comes in a wrapper or plastic bag. Try natural fruit instead.
Add more colored vegetables to your meals.
Try these tips too:
- Try to do your planning at the same time every day
- Use only one planner to keep track of appointments & activities
- Write out a “To Do” list every day
- Separate your “To Do” list into categories: A-top priority, B-medium priority, C-low priority
- Start with the items in the A list
- Check off items as you complete them
- Block off time in your planner for major activities
- Don’t jam your activities into all one day
- Plan time for fun and your family