Appointments are 20 minutes long with the exception of chair massage which is 10 minutes
Reiki & Reflexology 20 minutes each. Chair Massages are 10 minutes each.
Wednesday, October 15th, 2014: 2pm-4pm Reflexology
Thursday, October 16th, 2014: 1pm-3pm Chair Massage
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014: 1:30pm-3:30pm Reiki
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014: 1pm-3pm Chair Massage
Monday, October 27th, 2014: 11:30am-1:30pm Chair Massage
Tuesday, October 28th, 2014: 10am-12pm Reiki
Tuesday, November 4th, 2014 10am-12pm Reiki
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 10am-12pm Chair Massage
Thursday, November 13th, 2014 12pm-2pm Reflexology
Monday, November 17th, 2014 10am-12pm Chair Massage
Tuesday, November 18th, 2014 10am-12pm Reiki
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014 10am-12pm Reiki
Tuesday, Devember 2nd, 2014 10am-12pm Reiki
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 12pm-2pm Reflexology
Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 10am-12pm Reiki
Thursday, December 11th, 2014 2pm-4pm Chair Massage
Finals week-Massages in the Library-check the white board by the clock in the HUB.
*Remember that therapy appointments must be made the day of the therapy. Time slots fill up quickly, so be sure to stop by or call early that day to reserve your spot!
Alternative therapies provided by licensed therapists can be used to de-stress, relax or to work on sore muscles and more. All services are free to all Plymouth State students. Individuals are allowed to sign up for a therapy once every two weeks in the Wellness Center.
- Reflexology- Almost like a foot massage, this technique is used to heal soreness throughout the body. We all have nerve endings in our feet that are attached to other parts of the body. These nerve endings and massaged and manipulated to help whatever ails you.
- Reiki- A technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. Here at the wellness center, we have a trained Reiki therapist.
- Zodiac Readings- Many people think, like astrologers, that the day you were born on affects your personality. No one for sure knows exactly why or how, but birthday’s tend to be spot-on, accurate predictors of psychological tendencies. This reading will describe in detail the characteristics and quirks of a personality on any given birthday. It is a guidance of greater psychological insight, self-awareness and your unique position in the universe.
- Massage- The manipulation of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue to enhance function, aid in the healing process, and promote relaxation and well-being. Massage therapy is the most popular therapy type here at the Wellness Center.
- Tarot Card Readings-Do you ever wonder if you’re on the ‘right’ path? Are you curious about your own intuition? Do you believe that, through genuine seeking, you can gain clarity about important issues in your life? The Tarot is a powerful tool for gaining insight into yourself and your life. While not for everyone, a Tarot reading can be like a snapshot of what your life looks like at the time of the reading. The cards tune into your energy – the person asking the question – to give you a picture of unseen influences, patterns of behavior, obstacles, and strengths. A reading can give you an idea of where you are now, where you’ve come from, where you want to be, and how to get there.