Position Title: Recreation Assistant
Responsible to: Assistant Director for Recreation Programs and Undergraduate Intern for Recreation Programs
Qualifications: A candidate must have the knowledge of and/or the willingness to learn the operations and services provided by Recreation Programs. Display positive qualities for customer service, professionalism, and (but not limited to) communication skills. Individual must also have the ability and willingness to conduct office procedures.
- Operate and maintain a safe, clean exercise environment for all eligible members of the Plymouth State University community. Many of the following duties directly specify the actions required to maintain safety and cleanliness.
- During each shift, complete a Shift Report documenting important information for your fellow co-workers and your supervisors.
- Thoroughly complete an Injury Report on individuals injured during your shift.
- Thoroughly complete an Incident Report for any and all incidents occurring during your shift.
- Enforce all rules and regulations established for Court Room, Cardio Theatre, Fitness Room, and Group Exercise classes.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Establish positive relationships with patrons.
- Become proficient in proper spotting techniques, proper form with free weights, and how to use each piece of equipment.
- Learn how to set up the volleyball net and how to move and install the basketball goals in the court room.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Maintain professional customer service at all times.
- Upkeep of both the facility’s and the equipment’s sanitary cleanliness for use by patrons.
- Assist with clerical work as assigned by professional staff.
- Receive incoming calls, answer questions, take messages, transfer calls to appropriate parties.
- Be extensively knowledgeable about and be able to answer questions related to all aspects of Recreation Programs.
- Ensure desk areas are neat and clean at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director for Recreation Programs, the Undergrad Intern for Recreation Programs, and/or HUB Management.
There is to be no working out or informal play while on duty.