June 20th, 2014 by James Kuras
Plymouth State University Career Services Office is committed to bringing you the best resources available to help you in your job search. CareerShift offers the most comprehensive online resource, designed to support the # 1 request of job seekers: an easy to use web site to conduct and organize their job search. Go to https//www.plymouth.edu/services/career-services/students/careershift/
CareerShift’s set of tools and applications provide a very unique opportunity to job hunters. While other web services provides bits and pieces of the job hunt process, only CareerShift provides an easy-to-use approach for bringing all these parts together to crack the “hidden job market” and for managing the job hunt all in one place. With CareerShift, you can:
- Search, store & record job listings at all publically posted websites, company websites, and newspapers. Set job alerts.
- Get inside contact information immediately, including email addresses, for millions of companies, even alumni, then save and manage your lists.
- Upload/ Copy and Paste as many targeted resumes and cover letters needed or upload your current documents.
- Work with Career Services to create unlimited e-mail campaigns with your saved contacts, resumes and cover letters. You can choose to send your lists to yourself for a postal campaign.
- Campaigns are automatically saved and recorded. In MY CALENDAR, you can keep notes, and set reminders for follow-ups.
- Access your confidential CareerShift account from anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
June 17th, 2014 by James Kuras
Career Connector has just launched this summer. This robust and user friendly system is where employers can post jobs, look for candidates and where students can post and look for opportunities. The Career Services Office continues to engage with employers on behalf of Plymouth State University students and alumni as well as bringing service to these populations in a way that is very convienient. Students, alumni and employers all can access the system from our website at: www.plymouth.edu/services/career-services/students/plymouthcareers/
March 3rd, 2014 by James Kuras
The NHCUC Annual Job Fair is being held on April 2nd at the Center of NH in Manchester between 2:00p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Make sure you get there and meet with 100+ employers. Click above for more information and a poster on the event.
October 2nd, 2013 by James Kuras
Check out this flyer on the CPA program (pdf)!
Career Peer Advisors will be students selected to act as representatives for Career Services on campus to help fellow students by making career resources and information easily accessible.
Responsibilities of Career Peer Advisors (CPA’s) include:
CPAs will be an extension of Career Services. They will receive extensive training in resume review, interview skills, gain knowledge of all Career Services resources and be expected to share this knowledge with fellow students. CPAs will be expected to commit to 12 hours of training throughout the spring semester and for a minimum of 3 hours a week during the following academic year. They will attend monthly meetings and be responsible for providing Peer Advising Hours in convenient locations on Campus. CPAs will also support Career Services by marketing for and participating in Career Services events and workshops.
Please consider reading the full job description and filling out your application today. Career Peer Advisors (pdf). Applications are due by November 25, 2013.