Many students recall their internship as a defining college experience. An internship is an opportunity to “put it all together” and apply years of classroom learning to a real world experience. The challenges and successes enjoyed through the internship course often provide a sharp focus for a student’s plans following graduation.
Plymouth State students should consider an internship for the following reasons:
- to develop new skills and learn more about their field
- clarify their occupational preference
- grow personally and professionally
- acquire valuable networking contacts in the field
- add “real world” experience to their resume
- gain letters of recommendation from their internship supervisors
- increase employment opportunities following graduation
Our Internships pages give you all the information you need to get started.