As a First Year Student, What Do I Gain From Registering with Plymouth Careers?
Common questions for a first year student
- How do I choose a major?
- What tests or assessment tools can I take to find out my interests?
- What are the occupations related to my major?
- How do my major and career goals align?
- What skills or strengths are required for my field?
Your first step in addition to Plymouth Careers would be if you are considering choosing a major or changing a major, the College of University Studies, works with students on an individual basis to help students with their career decision making. Take the next step by contacting the College of University Studies:
- Career Action Planning (the first step toward making a decision)
- What can I do with a major in?
- Career assessment testing [CHOICES}
Plymouth Careers serves as a resource for assessment tools which can steer students toward appropriate career paths. Personalized guidance based on your interests, skills and stage in your career. Students are offered a multitude of career and industry profiles, with links to relevant new and guided web research. There are career-related articles, blogs, podcasts and videos across 20+ topical areas. It offers tips, advice, and insight into specific job functions and roles as well as in-depth career and industry profiles. You can gain access to career-related research including Hoovers, Salary.com, Robert Half, IMDiversity and more.
More common questions
- What are the salaries in my field?
- Where are the internship and job postings?
- Can I connect to alumni to create a job search network?
Plymouth Careers is your resource to explore career related information and your tool to research and apply for job and internship opportunities. Get started today by accessing your personalized account, updating your profile and clicking on the “Experience” Tab to explore all of the exciting career possibilities available! Included is online professional networking and mentoring to connect you with alumni and other professional.