Throughout the day at the Center, children are exposed to appropriate hygiene activities such as washing hands before and after meals and after toileting. The staff at the Center are trained in hygiene and strive to provide a healthy environment for your child. So that we can maintain a safe and healthy environment, please remember the following:
- Children should not come to the program ill. Ill children will be sent home.
- Check you child’s cubby every day for soiled clothes and sleeping materials such as blankets or pillow.
In keeping with universal health precautions, which are designed to protect the children and staff from contagious diseases, we cannot wash children’s soiled clothes in the Center washing machine. If your child vomits or has a toileting accident, the soiled clothes, blankets, sheet, etc. will be sent home in a plastic bag.
- Send clean clothes to replace any soiled ones that were sent home.
- Wash the child’s lunch box and thermos each day.
- Be sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather and has extra clothes suitable for the season.
- In compliance with state regulations, parents must send in diapers for children who need them. The diapers must be either disposable or service-cleaned cloth diapers.
- Enforce good hygiene habits at home. Thorough hand washing should be encouraged.
All of the staff at the Center are trained in health issues and first aid. At all times gloves are used for diapering or emergency care. Washing hands is continually emphasized. We request that parents reinforce handwashing at home.