Good, clear communication among colleagues is essential to keep the Center functioning smoothly. In our hectic daily environment, this goal can be difficult to accomplish. Staff and students are asked to consider the following suggestions for effective communication with each other.
- Set aside regular meeting times for program teams and for teachers
- Establish and communicate clear expectations
- Deal with issues directly if possible, talking with the individual involved rather than discussing with others.
- Write down messages for colleagues. Forgotten messages can create bad feelings and even problems if important information about a child is not communicated.
- If you have questions about your responsibilities, please speak with the Cooperating teacher immediately.