The following symptoms may indicate that you have the flu: fever above 100F, chills, stuffy nose, sore throat, headache, body aches, fatigue, tired feeling.
If you have these symptoms:
- Avoid/limit interactions with other people to not expose them to the virus
- Masks should be worn if close contact cannot be avoided, ie. using a common bathroom
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water when possible or use hand sanitizers
- Cover nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing (or shirt sleeve or elbow if no tissue is available)
- Use disposable wipes to clean hard surfaces such as doorknobs, desks, computers. Clean your room frequently.
Self care and fever control:
- Increase intake of clear fluids such as juices, sports drinks, tea, water
- Eat a light diet as tolerated
- Take non-prescription medicine for symptoms if you are not allergic to them. Do NOT take aspirin or products with aspirin (including Peptobismol)