Should you choose to use PSU Health services to obtain your medications, you should review our policy regarding prescribing medications for uncomplicated ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, or Panic Attacks.
For an existing diagnosis we require
- records from the prescribing practitioner with requests from them that we prescribe your medication while you are a student at PSU
- psychiatric/psychological interview (when available) including childhood symptoms and cognitive testing when applicable (i.e. memory, IQ, or attention tests)
If you have never been diagnosed with any of the above, but are considering treatment
- make an appointment with the Counseling Center (603) 535-2461 for evaluation
- individuals requiring medication will be approved to meet with a prescribing provider at Health Services
- Appointments can be made with Health Services by calling (603) 535-2350.
- The initial intake meeting takes 45 minutes.
- A once per semester check is required with the provider.
- Refills must be picked up in person at Health Services.
- All documentation must be received before initial appointments can be made.
- Visits to Health Services are covered under the Health Fee. Should you choose to use another provider in the community, you should check with your Insurance company for a list of covered practitioners.
- Support services are available from the Counseling Center (603) 535-2461.