Plymouth State University Identification Card Acknowledgment of Terms and Conditions
Plymouth State University maintains a computerized Identification Card system to support the ID card requirements of the University. The ID card system is administered by the Panther Print Shop / ID Center in the Hartman Union Building as a service to all University students and departments.
Summary of services available with a PSU ID card:
- Borrow materials from the Lamson Library
- Gain admission to PSU athletic contests
- Use PSU Physical Education Center facilities
- Use Hartman Union/Recreation facilities
- Access to residence halls
- Use of meal plan
- Use of vending and other cash-to-card devices
- Ski Package
Please read “Family Of” ID Policy for information for the use and acquisition of “Family Of” IDs.
Below are a few facts about PSU ID cards you should know:
- The ID card must be presented when seeking access or privileges requiring a PSU ID or upon request of a University official.
- You must produce “proof of your identity” in order to have your PSU ID taken. The PSU ID Notice (PDF) provides complete details.
- The cost of the first ID card issued will be $15.00. This cost is included in the fees of all first year students. The cost for a student to replace a lost or stolen ID card is $15.00. The cost to replace a damaged card is $5.00 under the condition that the damaged card is turned in when a new card is issued. During the first two weeks after purchase of a new ID, you may be able to get a free replacement if the card ceases to work. After the first week the card will be treated like any other damaged card and will cost $5.00 to replace. Eligibility for a free ID will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- A refund of $10.00 is available for recovered ID cards that were lost or stolen, for those who have already replaced their ID. To receive the refund the old ID and the receipt received upon purchase of the current ID are REQUIRED and must be turned in. There is a time limit of 60 days from date of purchase of the new card to receive the refund.
- It is very important to replace lost or stolen ID cards as soon as possible. This is to protect you against misuse of your ID for campus operations such as food service, any relevant access control, the library and other on-line University data-based operations.
- Your campus ID card is an important and powerful tool. It must be treated carefully, like you would your ATM card, driver’s license or credit cards. It is not transferable. It should be kept in a wallet or pouch to keep it clean. DO NOT punch a hole in the card, as this will damage your ID card. The University is not responsible for any misuse of your ID card.
- FlexCash is now available for vending, laundry, meals, and retail food purchases. For more information about FlexCash use see: FlexCash: What you need to know! (PDF)
- Fraudulent use of an ID card may result in disciplinary action. Fraudulent use includes using or permitting the use of a card by a person other that the individual to whom it is issued or for the benefit of a person not entitled to the privilege for which it is used.
|Lost / stolen ID||$15.00|
You must turn in your damaged ID to the ID office in order to receive the discounted price.
A refund of $10.00 is available to students for recovered ID cards that were lost or stolen, for those who have already replaced their ID.
Refunds are available for the previous issue # only. You can check the issue # by looking at the 2 digit code to the right of your student number. These are found just above the bar code on your ID card. (ex. Your current card’s issue # is 03. You may only receive a refund on # 02.)
There is a time limit of 60 days from the date of purchase of your current ID to receive the refund. Eligibility for a free ID will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
If you are given a defective card you have 2 weeks from date of purchase to receive a free replacement of the card. After that normal costs apply.