2013-2014 Student Senate Ski Package
Each year area mountains are invited to submit ski-package proposals that are then voted on by Plymouth State students. The winner for the 2013-2014 PSU Ski Package is with…Cannon Mountain!
What all PSU community members need to know:
- Allowing another person to use their ID to obtain a lift ticket is a theft of service and violates PSU policies in addition to NH state laws.
- The privilege of accessing the ski package will be immediately revoked for misuse of an ID and will remain in force for the entire season pending the outcome of a PSU judicial process.
- Seizure of a student’s ID is a consequence of misrepresenting one’s identity, and students who do not claim their ID will be responsible for obtaining a new ID at the $25 rate in order to continue their meal plan or flex cash service.
Please be advised that you will NOT be admitted without the following:
- Verification that your Name is on the PSU Undergraduate Student Ski Package List: Check to see if you are on the list, PRIOR to heading to the mountain! You can do this by logging into my.Plymouth, selecting the service tab at the top of the page, and the lists are under ‘General Resources’. If you do not see your name on the list, and you’re currently enrolled in classes, contact Jenn White @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Verification that your Name is on the PSU Graduate Student Ski Package List. You can do this by logging into my.Plymouth, selecting the service tab at the top of the page, and the lists are under ‘General Resources’. Check to see if you are on the list PRIOR to heading to the mountain! If you do not see your name on the list, and you’re currently enrolled in classes, contact Lena Marrotte @ email@example.com.
- Verification that your Name is on the PSU Faculty & Staff Ski Package List. You can do this by logging into my.Plymouth, selecting the service tab at the top of the page, and the lists are under ‘General Resources’. Check to see if you are on the list, PRIOR to heading to the mountain! If you do not see your name on the list, and you’re currently enrolled in classes, contact Randy Szabadics @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Showing your valid Plymouth State University ID
Ski package benefits are only for the ID holder and do not extend to those holding “Family of” ID’s
PSU ID holders may bring one guest per day – 50% off mid-week; 25% off weekend/holiday
The mountain has been provided with a roster of those who are currently eligible for the Cannon Mountain Ski Package benefits. Those who are currently on the list are students, faculty, and staff who took classes or worked during fall of 2013. If you are not on the list and feel you should be, please contact the designated individual listed above.
— November 26th — the list was updated.
We hope that you’ll take advantage of the great snow and affordably priced skiing and boarding this season.
|Mountain A (Cannon)|
|Cost per Ticket (Co-pay)||$7.50 Held from Last year|
|PSU ID and 2nd ID required|
|Ski Day services:||BBQ (voucher for purchase). Free ski day for PSU ID holders. Free group lessons. FREE transportation to & from the mountain (up to 100 students).Day also includes skiing and riding activities, at-cost BBQ, entertainment/events or other festivities as agreed upon. Menu shall include main meal options including (1) vegetarian option; side option (e.g. fries or chips), salad option (e.g. pasta or green salad), non-alcoholic beverage and dessert. Students can purchase a $12 voucher for $10 that can be used to purchase lunch consisting of the specified items or to purchase regular-priced items off the menu with a total of $12.|
|Proposed Alternate Ski Day Date:(severe weather)||As designated by PSU|
|Dates Available for Discount||No restrictions or blackout days|
|Driving Distance from PSU||37 Miles-35 Minutes|
|Dates of Operation|
|Expected First Day to Ski||November 29, 2013|
|Expected Last Day to Ski||April 6 or 13th, 2014 (weather & conditions)|
|Hours of Operation|
|Weekends||8:30 am – 4 pm|
|Weekdays||9 am – 4 pm|
|Nights||Saturday Nights Mini Park (selected dates)|
|Vertical Drop||2180 feet|
|Number of Trails||73 + Mittersill Backcountry|
|Expert||23 (32%) plus Millersill backcountry skiing|
|Tree or Glade Skiing||12 glades plus 86 acres at Mittersill backcountry skiing|
|Additional Designated Snowboarding Area||no restrictions|
|Number, Type & Capacity of Lifts||10 Total: 3 triple chairs; 3 hi-speed quads; 1 Double lift (Mittersill lift) ; 2 surface lifts (Magic Carpet & Hucker brook Handle Tow); 1 70-person aerial tram.|
|Snowmaking (% or by trail)||98% of the main mountain|
|Alternate #1: Guest Passes||One per day – 50% off mid-week, 25% off weekend/holiday. One (1) guest ticket per day may be purchased by PSU ID holder. Free or discounted tickets shall not be sold or given to individuals other than the PSU ID holder or intended guest, respectively.|
|Alternate #2:Guest Passes at affiliated mountains||NA|
|Alternate #3: Season Pass Discount||NA|
|Alternate #4: Transportation||NA (Ski Day only)|
|Alternate #5: Advance Ticketing Options||NA|
|Alternate #6 : Night Skiing||Saturday night Mini Park (selected dates)|
|Alternate # 7: Alumni||NA|
|Alternate # 8: Tubing||NA|
|Additional Alternates:||No proposal submitted|
|Ticket purchases||Any PSU ID holder may only pick up In person at the Guest Service Desk in the Notchview Lodge, Peabody slopes. Must have current PSU ID as well as be cross-referenced on the
PSU-fulltime student/staff manifest to pick up their ticket or purchase a guest pass & may be asked for a 2nd picture ID (license).