Students who complete the Eating Disorders program in Health Education are able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic information in the eating disorders field for entry level l eating disorder specialists.
- Demonstrate knowledge of assessment and treatment modalities of eating disorders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical complications of eating disorders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of nutrition education, assessment, and counseling of eating disorders.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in an eating disorders capstone experience in a clinical setting or educational/outreach setting.
- Prepared to be an advocate for eating disorders.
- Understand critical issues facing eating disorders at local, regional, national, scales by looking at a variety of resources.
- Use biological, psychological and social influences to inform their understanding of each distinct eating disorder and other feeding disorders.
- Discuss career opportunities for employment in clinical areas, outreach/ education, business and prevention in eating disorders.