Skip to Content
Back to top
- Professional Orientation and Ethical Practice: Students will be able to articulate and assume the professional and ethical role of counselor.
- Social and Cultural Diversity: Students will be able to discuss and demonstrate techniques of cross-cultural counseling and advocate on behalf of multicultural populations.
- Human Growth and Development: Students will be able to describe the role that human growth and development plays in counseling interventions and modify these interventions as appropriate.
- Career Development: Students will be able to explain theories of career development and implement career interventions.
- Helping Relationships: Students will be able to define and utilize counseling skills and advanced counseling interventions.
- Group Work: Students will be able to articulate theories of group counseling and utilize leadership skills in facilitating various types of groups.
- Assessment: Students will be able to identify and utilize various types of counseling assessments.
- Research and Program Evaluation: Students will be able to describe and conduct methods of research and program evaluation.