Chemistry and Biochemistry Laboratory Facilities
The University’s proximity to the lakes, rivers and mountains of New Hampshire gives students access to a unique natural laboratory. Small class sizes mean a favorable student to faculty ratio, with faculty focused on undergraduate education. Resources in the department include dedicated space for undergraduate research and multimedia technology resources.
- Oxford Instruments Cryogen-Free Benchtop NMR Analyser-Pulsar
- Shimadzu MALDI-TOF
- Dionex HPLC with autosampler and multi-angle light scattering laser
- Varian Flame AA
- PerkinElmer FT-IR with ATR
- Agilent GC-MS
- Thermal cyclers
- Shimadzu UV/VIS
- 2D electrophoresis
- Low-pressure chromatography system
- Digital imaging and analysis software
- -80 freezer
- Additional instruments which include Dionex Ion Chromatograph and Varian graphite furnace AA in the Center for the Environment.