A chemistry degree from Plymouth State prepares students for a wide variety of career options in each profession. Plymouth State University focuses on several concentrations within the program:
- Chemistry: Chemistry majors study the nature of all physical things, develop new products and processes, or monitor processes involved in making various products. Chemists typically work for private businesses, government agencies, or educational institutions.
For more information, visit Career Services in the Global Education Office.
Sample Job Titles
- Air Quality Engineer
- College Professor
- Environmental Consultant
- Health Care Administrator
- Instrumentation Specialist
- Research Chemist
- Risk Manager
- Technical Writer
See the U.S. Department of Labor Outlook for a complete list.
Useful Skills for Jobs in the Chemistry and Biochemistry Fields
- Ability to analyze cause and effects
- Proficiency in analytical reasoning
- Strong mathematical background
- Ability to organize and memorize detailed information
- Strong organization skills