Students who complete the Youth Development and Education major are able to do the following:
- Communicate and collaborate with children, families, colleagues and administrators.
- Select, plan, facilitate and evaluate developmentally appropriate learning experiences for children ages 5-14.
- Recognize individual differences and modify activities to meet a variety of learner needs.
- Be aware of and respect diversity in all its forms.
- Find, evaluate and utilize information from a variety of sources.
- Display conduct characteristic of developing professionals.
- Know, understand, and use formal and informal assessment strategies to plan, evaluate and strengthen instruction or programs that will promote learning.