AB, Brown University; MA, PhD, Tufts University
Robin enjoys her work teaching in and directing the IDS program here at Plymouth State. Her current research focuses on open education, and how universities can innovate in order to bring down costs for students, increase interdisciplinary collaboration and student contribution to scholarly knowledge, and refocus the academic world on strengthening the public good. Robin is an editor for Hybrid Pedagogy, an open-access, peer-reviewed journal that combines the strands of critical pedagogy and digital pedagogy to arrive at the best social and civil uses for technology and new media in education. You can learn more about Robin at her website, or follow her on Twitter @actualham.
- “My Open Textbook: Pedagogy and Practice.” Division of Teaching and Learning Technologies (2016).
- “Pedagogy, Technology, and the Example of Open Educational Resources.” Educause Review (2015).
- “Working in/at Public.” Hybrid Pedagogy (2015).
- Simulation in Media and Culture: Believing the Hype. Lanham, ND: Lexington Books/Rowman and Littlefield, 2011.
- The Making of Salem: The Witch Trials in History, Fiction, and Tourism. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company, Inc, 2009.
Selected Keynotes & Workshops
- Workshop Leader, “Open to the Public: Open Education and #digped,” Digital Pedagogy Lab, University of Prince Edward Island, 2016.
- Keynote Speaker, “Pedagogy in Public: Open Education Unbound,” Center for Teaching & Learning Showcase, Davidson College, 2016.
- Keynote Speaker, “Beyond the Textbook, with Gardner Campbell, Bryan Alexander, and Robin DeRosa,” University of Mary Washington, 2016.
- Invited Speaker, “Putting the ‘Public’ Back in Public Higher Education,” University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2016.
- Invited Speaker, “Open Pedagogy,” eLearning Pioneers International Symposium, University of New Hampshire, 2015.
Selected Honors & Fellowships
- Fellow, Digital Pedagogy Lab, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2015.
- Distinguished Scholarship Award Winner, Plymouth State University, 2013.
- Campus Compact for NH President’s Good Steward Award, 2012
- Distinguished Advising Award Winner, Plymouth State University, 2011.
- Theo Kalikow Award Winner, Plymouth State University, 2008.
- Introduction to Interdisciplinary Studies
- Senior Seminar in Interdisciplinary Studies
- First-Year Seminar