Student Work Opportunities
The IDS Office is going to have openings for our student worker position for next semester, Fall 2019. Interdisciplinary Studies Peer Associates support IDS students with peer-to-peer advising, contract guidance, and technical assistance. They provide office reception, organize records, process official paperwork in the IDS Office, and complete various office tasks as needed. Our office workers generally work 3-9 hours per week, depending on our need and their schedules. This position is work study eligible.
If you are interested in joining the team, please reach out to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 31st about scheduling an interview. Reach out to Hannah if you have any questions (email@example.com).
- Have completed and done well in IP 2225 Introduction to Interdisciplinary Studies **
- Enjoy working with people
- Understand the IDS application process and have ePort proficiency
- Able to grasp new concepts and skills quickly
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with and/or ability to become familiar with:
- Microsoft 365 Suite (especially Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Google Documents
- Social Media tools such as Twitter & Facebook
- Contract/ essay support for IDS Students
- Review of IDS application materials for accuracy before submission to IDS Council
- Processing paperwork, data entry, and z-drive organization
- Intake advising for prospective IDS majors
- Technology support (ePort, Hypothesis, Personal Learning Network plans)
- Marketing tasks, as appropriate (writing for the IDS blog, graphic design, social media, etc.)
- Campus outreach related to the program
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. We look forward to growing our team!
**If you are currently in Introduction to Interdisciplinary Studies, we are happy to interview you as long as you have already demonstrated aptitude in the course.