Music majors at Plymouth State receive a great deal of individualized attention from master teachers, and many opportunities to perform. Our commitment to teaching is reflected in the quality of instruction and guidance which our students receive at all levels and in all of our degree programs.
The Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance offers two degree programs in music:
- The Bachelor of Arts in Music provides you with a liberal arts education with heavy emphasis on musical study and performance, under one of four concentrations, or options:
- Contract Option in which you work with the Music faculty to tailor a course of study suited to your individual interests.
- Music Technology (See what Music Tech grads are doing!)
- Piano Performance and Pedagogy *This option is currently under revision.
- Vocal Performance and Pedagogy *This option is currently under revision.
- The Bachelor of Science in Music Education is an accredited program that certifies you to teach vocal/choral, instrumental and general music in grades K-12.
Keyboard proficiency exams are required for all B.S. Music Education, B.A. Music/Voice Performance & Pedagogy and B.A. Theatre/Music Theatre Performance majors at Plymouth State University.