The B.A. in Music prepares students for graduate school and/or an entry-level position in their area of specialization. Students will demonstrate:
- Musical artistry in a variety of stylistic periods.
- Competence in music theory, aural skills, technology, and formal structures of diverse styles.
- Understanding of music history and an in-depth understanding of repertory for one’s own performing area.
- Ability to produce, and respond effectively to, constructive critiques on musical matters.
- Competence to write well and speak articulately on music in individual or group situations.