Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students must be admitted to the university and to the nursing program. Each cohort of nursing majors is limited to 40 students. First year applicants may complete either a Common Application or a Panther Application which can be found on the Admissions website.
The following criteria must be met in order to be considered for admissions into the Pre-licensure Nursing Program:
- Submit either an ATI TEAS score at the “Proficient” level or above (to learn more about preparing for the test please go here), or a revised SAT (taken as of March 2016) with a minimum score of 1080, with a minimum score of 500 in the Evidence-Based Reading & Writing component and the Math component.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or greater in High School science courses
- Demonstration of math proficiency: courses in Algebra I, II and Geometry
- Average to strong writing skills, demonstrated in the application essay
EXCLUSIVE HOUSING OPPORTUNITY!
As part of Plymouth State’s commitment to providing our students with the best environment in which to live, learn, and grow, we now offer a housing option just for nursing students.
This special opportunity reflects Plymouth State’s move to integrated clusters, an academic model that emphasizes creativity, innovation, and collaboration in solving real-world issues.
Living among other nursing students will inspire you to excel in your studies and clinical experiences and form supportive relationships with your peers. You’ll learn from each other, motivate each other, and discover new ways of looking at the field of nursing and the world.
Nursing student housing is located in the beautiful and spacious Langdon Woods Residential Complex, one of the most environmentally sustainable and energy-efficient buildings on campus. In addition to the spectacular view, Langdon Woods offers double- and triple-occupancy suites, a café, a kitchen, laundry facilities, an exercise room, and a multipurpose room that’s perfect for group discussions and study sessions.
And Langdon Woods’s location on the edge of campus provides you with a quieter environment in which to live and study that is still within an easy walking distance to the center of campus.
Interested in learning more? Contact Residential Life at (603) 535-2260 or email@example.com