Admission and Program Information
Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Students must be admitted to the university and to the nursing program. Each cohort of nursing majors is limited to 45 students. First year applicants may complete either a Common Application or a Panther Application which can be found on the Admissions website.
The following criteria must be met in order to be considered for admissions into the Pre-licensure Nursing Program:
- Submit either an ATI TEAS score at the “Proficient” level or above (to learn more about preparing for the test please go here), or a revised SAT (taken as of March 2016) with a minimum score of 1080, with a minimum score of 500 in the Evidence-Based Reading & Writing component and the Math component. (Due to the impacts of COVID-19 on SAT and TEAS examinations, Plymouth State will be waiving the requirement on the SAT or TEAS exam for New First Time Nursing students entering in the 2021 and 2022 terms. This is done in response to the added costs extra testing could place on families and as an acknowledgment that these interruptions should not hinder students’ ability to pursue their educational goals.)
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or greater in High School science courses (Biology and Chemistry required)
- Demonstration of math proficiency: courses in Algebra I, II, and Geometry
- Average to strong writing skills, demonstrated in the application essay
Program Fees – 2021/2022 Academic Year
The Nursing Program fee is assessed each semester a student is enrolled in the Nursing Program. The Program Fee replaces the Course Fees that were previously attached to the nursing courses. The Program Fee covers a multitude of goods and services previously billed directly to the student. The Program Fee structure provides the student the opportunity to spread the cost of the required program components over multiple years and take advantage of financial aid.
The fee for the current academic year per semester is $550.00 and covers the following required goods and services.
- ATI Complete (Assessment Technology Institute) Books and Programs: The products are used in the nursing courses and also to prepare for the NCLEX examination. https://www.atitesting.com/educator
- Complio: An online platform to manage background checks, drug screening and health clearances necessary to attend clinical. https://www.americandatabank.com/project/complio-compliance-tracking-made-easy/
- Typhon: A nursing school information management platform that stores clinical hour logs, resumes, clinical placement information and more. https://typhongroup.com
- Student Nurse Uniform: One scrub top, one pair of pants, and one name badge from Uniformly Yours, Laconia, NH. https://www.uynh.com
- Simulation Lab Fee