Below are links to important resources for advising:
- Read some tips from Terri Dautcher (two-time winner of the Outstanding Advisor award) on how to empower yourself to learn about and complete the curriculum to earn your degree.
- Important forms – Most will be found at the Registrar’s homepage (e.g., Declaration of Minor form), but some are located at the Undergraduate Studies homepage (e.g., the Student Request form).
- Degree options – Look here if you want to know more about the differences among the degree options available in Psychology.
- Curriculum planning guides – See the graduation requirements for every major (be sure you’re looking at the correct catalog year — it should be listed at the top of your Degree Works page).
- Academic minor requirements – Look here to help choose a minor (again, know your catalog year). Don’t overlook PSU’s new Marketing minor!
- Summer and winterim – Students may complete up to 6 credits per winterim and up to 9 credits per summer. The additional costs for tuition can be found here. Alternatively, students can earn credit by examination through the CLEP/DANTES exams.
- Billing information – Look here to learn about policies, payment schedules, and how to access your bill.
- Transferring credit – This page outlines PSU’s transfer credit policies and includes a database to help you figure out which requirements at PSU will be satisfied by courses completed at other universities.
- Graduation and commencement requirements – The time to examine this checklist is the fall semester of your senior year. (Remember that degree requests for spring must be submitted by December!)
- Procedure for changing advisors – Students wishing to change advisors may request reassignment at the Undergraduate Advising Center located in Mary Lyon 034. Any student who would like to be reassigned to a particular advisor must first ask that advisor. If the faculty member agrees, the request is then processed. No paperwork is necessary.
- Still can’t find what you need? Try visiting the homepages for the Registrar, Undergraduate Studies, the Undergraduate Advising Center, or search through the Academic Catalog.