Primary goals and learning objectives for B.S. in Public Management:
- Completion of a general education component to assure competence in reading, written and oral expression, critical thinking and interdisciplinary problem solving. This involves exposure to the problems, perspectives and methods of analysis of several disciplines outside the major.
- An in-depth introduction to the primary discipline of political science enriched by some work in the disciplines of business, economics and other social sciences.
- Specific preparation in management issues, skills and problem solving.
- Opportunity to gain professional experience and advance toward employment through internships based upon prior learning.
- Experiences that expand students’ world view including internationalism, diversity, cultural variety, and tolerance.