As a transfer student, you probably have questions about a number of important issues. The list below will answer many of those questions. You’ll also find a link below for someone to contact about the transfer process.
1. How do I apply for admission to Plymouth State?
You’ll want to complete the online Common Application and submit it to the Admissions Office. See our Transfer Application Requirements.
2. What do I do with my transcripts from other institutions I’ve attended?
For all previous schools you’ve attended, you should request that official copies of your college transcripts be sent to the PSU Admissions Office. For more information about transferring courses, visit Undergraduate Studies: Transferring Credit.
3. How will I know which of my courses will transfer to PSU?
You can use our Transfer Course Database to see if your college-level courses transfer to PSU.
4. Who will evaluate my transfer credits and apply them to my Plymouth State major?
After you are accepted, the Office of Undergraduate Studies evaluates all transfer courses from regionally-accredited, degree granting institutions. Via your PSU email account, you will receive an evaluation of how your credits apply to major requirements, General Education requirements, and electives.
5. Is there a limit to how many transfer credits I can bring to Plymouth State?
Plymouth State will accept up to 90 credits earned at both 2-year and 4-year institutions. You have to have a grade of C or higher in any course you want to transfer.
6. Will my grade point average from other institutions count toward my Plymouth GPA?
No, only the credits completed at other institutions transfer to PSU, not grades. Your Plymouth GPA is determined by your PSU grades. Read more about transfer policies at Undergraduate Studies: Transferring Credit.
7. How can I earn credit by exam?
Students may earn a maximum of 30 credits through credit-by-examination. The credits may be earned by successfully completing nationally standardized examinations (AP, CLEP, DANTES) or by completing an examination administered by a PSU academic department.
8. I currently attend one of New Hampshire’s community colleges. How will my credits/degree fit with my Plymouth State major?
You can see which of your courses meet specific PSU General Education requirements as well as all of our current 2+2 Agreements and Transfer Agreements with the CCSNH schools at Undergraduate Studies: Transferring Credit.
In addition, NHTransfer.org contains many recommended transfer programs that show how your credits apply to PSU majors.
9. Can I get credit for my military experience?
You may receive two Physical Education credits if you have served on full-time duty in the armed services for at least one year (12 consecutive months) by submitting a copy of your DD214. You can also submit Military Program AARTS transcripts for transfer credit consideration.
10. I’d like to speak to someone directly about my questions. Who can I contact?
Please feel free to call Tony Trodella, Associate Director of Transfer Admissions, at 603-535-2239, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Admissions Office for help with your transfer-related questions.