PSUAA Dearborn Golf Classic
Friday, September 25, 2020, at Waukewan Golf Club
The 40th Anniversary of this event continues with appropriate safety precautions due to COVID-19.
Interested in sponsoring the Dearborn’60 Golf Classic? Click Here for information or contact Rodney Ekstrom, Director of Alumni Relations, at email@example.com.
Welcome to the 40th year of this PSU homecoming golf event founded by my mother Barbara Dearborn in 1981. She loved golfing with Plymouth State alumni, faculty and friends! Barbara was a dedicated alumna from the class of 1960 and faculty member and she devoted many years to the PSU Alumni Association. She was thrilled in 1995 when you named it the Barbara Dearborn Golf Classic, in appreciation for her years of perseverance, enthusiasm and efforts as founder, organizer and chair of the homecoming golf classic.
I hope you will continue the tradition of good golf and PSU camaraderie at the 40th annual Barbara Dearborn Golf Classic on September 25, 2020. There are so many wonderful experiences and memories that have formed from this golf classic! My mother shared her memories with me and spoke fondly and enthusiastically about homecoming golf adventures. Since she passed in 1996, I still have enjoyed spending time with all of you who have shared your fun experiences with me.
Click Here if you’d like to learn more about how you can sponsor the Barbara Dearborn Golf Classic and have a greater impact on Plymouth State students, or please contact Rodney Ekstrom ’09G, director of alumni relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603)535-2217.
Every gift matters. Thank you!
*Check-in at Noon
*Tee-off at 1 p.m.
*Award Ceremony following at 4:30 p.m.
* We ask that everyone practice social distancing and mask wearing whenever you’re in proximity to others.
* Like many retail and grocery stores, 6’ spacing is indicated for checking in, purchasing raffle tickets and mulligans. Please wear a mask during this time. Extra masks will be available in case you forgot yours. Staff and volunteers will wear masks and gloves and will use hand sanitizer between player interactions.
* The awards BBQ buffet will be inside the Barn. Extra tables will be set up to provide additional spacing between tables. We will have servers for the buffet, rather than self-serve. Like at restaurants, you may remove your mask while you are seated at your table. We ask that you wear one when moving around the Barn.
* Raffle prizes will be available to pick after the round of golf in the Barn to eliminate the need for handing off, etc.
* Awards will be given, but without the typical handshakes, high-fives, and hugs. We’ll bring prizes to tables and celebrate everyone from our seats.
We may modify these guidelines to ensure the safety of all players, staff, and volunteers. We’ll share the updated guidelines to all registered players prior to the date via email. Please share this information with all members of your group.
1st Place Women’s Team
1st Place Mixed Team
1st Place Panther* Team
2 Longest Drive/Closest to the Pin Contests!
50/50 Split Longest Drive and Closest to the Pin!
-A pre-tournament contest, from the driving range, using a Launch Monitor
-$20 buy-in, 50/50 split cash prize!
During the Tournament at a predetermined hole
-Included in the entry fee, no extra charge
-Chance to win a special Golf Equipment package!
Categories for both Longest Drive / Closest to the Pin contests.
-Men’s Longest Drive
-Men’s Closest to the Pin
-Women’s Longest Drive
-Women’ Closest to the Pin
*Must have at least one PSU employee on the team to qualify for the Panther award.