Graduate Student Opportunities

December 2nd, 2011 by June

CFE is inviting applications for the MS program in Environmental Science and Policy. The work of the Center for the Environment (CFE) is primarily focused on the White Mountains and Lakes Region of New Hampshire or in the broader New England region, and applies the environmental sciences and interdisciplinary approaches to important environmental issues. Students will have opportunities to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams of faculty and students, and scientists from other institutions working at the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest and other academic, governmental, and non-governmental organizations. Individuals from all disciplinary backgrounds will be considered.

Graduate research assistantships (GRA) may be available in the areas of hydrology, forest ecology, environmental social sciences, climate change, limnogeology, or a combination of those topics. Students receiving assistantships will conduct field sampling, analytical, and/or theoretical work on projects related to our mission. Research topics for the assistantships are varied, but all GRAs support students enrolled in the Environmental Science and Policy M.S. program at Plymouth State University. These GRAs provide an excellent opportunity to work with a broader cohort of students and their mentors, working at the intersection of earth systems, plant ecology, biogeochemistry, hydrology, and social sciences. A signature of the program is that graduate work must involve a substantive contribution to outreach.

Prospective students should contact Betsy Ayotte. In addition to the application materials required by the College of Graduate Studies, please submit a statement of interest and a current resume/CV to Betsy Ayotte to be considered for graduate assistantship funding. The priority deadline for funding consideration is February 15, 2012.

Contact Us

Contact Us

January 9th, 2013 by Michael

Center for the Environment

Plymouth State University
Samuel Read Hall Building, 2nd Floor
MSC #63, 17 High Street
Plymouth, NH 03264

phone (603) 535-3179
fax (603) 535-3004