This post contains all of the materials were distributed before and during the Faculty Forum about Collective Bargaining that we held on September 22. Panelists included Deanna Wood (UNH), Pat Shaw (Associate Secretary of the National AAUP), Pat Dolenc (President of the Keene State Education Association), and Chuck Weed (also of KSC).
Feel free to continue the discussion by posting comments below.
Audio Recording of the Faculty Forum:
- Part 1 – This segment includes opening remarks and introductions from Scott Coykendall, as well as Chuck Weed’s (KSC) and Pat Dolenc’s (KSC) opening remarks. (25:07)
- Part 2 – This segment includes Deanna Wood’s (UNH) and Pat Shaw’s (AAUP) opening remarks. (20:54)
- Part 3 – This segment begins the Q&A with questions from Bob Egbert, Trent Boggess, Becky Noel and Mark Fischler. (19:32)
- Part 4 – This segment concludes the forum with comments/questions from Terry Downs, Elliott Gruner, Eric Hoffman, Duncan McDougal and Len Reitsma. (21:18)
Documents provided by Pat Shaw:
- AAUP Faculty Bargaining Factsheet
- AAUP Faculty Bargaining Pros Cons 12-7-06
- Page 251-252 AAUP Statement on Collective Bargaining
- Pages 253-254 AAUP Statement on Academic Government for Institutions Engaged in Collective Bargaining
Collective Bargaining Agreements:
Statements/questions submitted electronically: