Hometown Press Release
Send a Graduation Announcement Press Release to Your Hometown Newspaper
Congratulations on your graduation from PSU!
To mark this important milestone, we encourage you to send a personalized news release to your local newspaper(s). The templates include options for customizing a news release about yourself (or your student), including major(s), academic honors, volunteer or internship experiences, study abroad trips, and/or plans for the future.
- Copy the sample news release text into a new document.
- Replace bracketed information with your personal details. Newsrooms receive many e-mails, so you should keep your release short.
- Direct your graduation announcement to a general newsroom e-mail address, rather than to specific reporters.
- Copy the release and paste it directly into an e-mail message addressed to your local newspaper(s). Use the subject line “[City Name] Resident Graduates from Plymouth State University”
- If you wish to include a photo, add “Photo available upon request.” at the end of your news release. The newspaper will contact you if this is an option.