Post On-Campus Student Employment
Step 1: Create New Employer Account
**Please note Handshake is Plymouth State University’s centralized career platform for on-campus and off-campus student employment opportunities. When creating your profile, you will be following steps similar to an off-campus employer. Here is a step-by-step guide of the fields required to setup a profile: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133047-How-do-I-create-a-user-account-and-join-an-existing-company-
Employer Profile Setup Guideline:
- Email Address: Utilize either your general office/program email or the hiring manager/supervisor email
- Select Create a New Company (it will try to have you select Plymouth State University as the employer by default)
- Employer Name: University Name: Department Name – i.e. Plymouth State University: Career Development Office
- Link to School: Select Plymouth State University (this will put you in pending status to post on-campus student employment jobs for Plymouth State University students)
**You will go into a pending status for approval from the Career Development Office. You will still be able to post a job (for approval) before your employer account is activated.
Bookmark www.app.joinhandshake.com for future access to Handshake.
Step 2: Post On-Campus Employment Job Description
- On homepage of Handshake select “Jobs” on left hand navigation bar.
- Select “Create Job” in upper right-hand corner
- Follow prompts to complete your student employment job posting
- Select “Apply through external system” for how students should apply. Provide instructions on how you want students to apply for positions, what materials to submit and your office/department website.
- Select “On Campus Student Employment” for Job Type.
- Select “Yes” or “No” if you are looking to hire for work-study students. Include in the position description if you can only hire Federal Work Study and/or Student-Hourly.
- Complete as many fields as possible including optional fields in the job posting. Be sure to provide a clear position description that provides responsibilities/tasks, requirements/qualifications and any other details a student should be aware of when applying.
- Provide clear instructions on how the student should apply. Either have them apply through Handshake (you can review applicants in Handshake) or provide a link or email where to send their application materials to. Please specify what materials you want them to submit, i.e. resume, cover letter.
- At the end of the posting, DO NOT post as a “global” position – this will post across all of Handshake’s 1000+ University partner schools – just select Plymouth State University.
- Submit position request for approval, you will be alerted that you aren’t an approved employer, this is normal as we default all employers to pending status for the Career Development Office to review and approve employers and job postings.
- Employer and job postings are reviewed and approved within two-business days.