Request a Presentation
Career Development Overview
- Want to know about our office and how we might be able to support you? This presentation covers the basics of available services offered by Career Development and the various tools we have. This workshop is ideal for first-year students learning about support services on campus. (15 to 30-minutes)
Career Options For…
- Designed to help you understand the various professional pathways different degree options (and other co-curricular participation) may provide. Topics covered include occupational research tools like “What can I do with this Major”, O*Net and the Occupation Outlook Handbook. Great for both welcoming students to their major, a senior capstone, or any point in-between. Presentations are tailored to specific fields of study provided at Plymouth State. (45-minutes)
Focus2 Career Assessment
- Assessment can help students learn about how their personality, interests, and values can help identify career pathways and fields of study. In addition to an overview on how to use assessment, learn specifically how to access and use the results from Focus2. (30 to 45-minutes)
- All the vital information about interviewing is presented in an interactive presentation, including how to get ready, answering common questions, and what to expect from most interviewing situations. Because we have the students practice during our session, we hope they leave with a solid understanding of how to prepare for any upcoming interview invitation!
Maximize Your PSU Experience
- Find strategies and information to help exploring students find a direction and help decided students to gain valuable experience. Anyone can benefit from opportunities that fit their interests, abilities, and values and start them on a path to discover or enhance a major and career choice. Review ideas about ways to explore majors and careers, and to gain hands-on academic, employment and volunteer experience.
The Job Search
- Find out about different methods of conducting a successful job search through networking, research and various resources. Looking for a part-time job or internship? Graduating and entering the real world soon? Learn about job search tips, networking, job negotiation, and thoughts about the first year on the job. “It’s who you know” is a common phrase a job seeker may hear, but it is difficult to know where to start making connections. Strategies and cautions of networking are all included.
- “It’s who you know” is a common phrase a job seeker may hear, but it is difficult to know where to start. Learn about making the most of established connections and creating new contacts that may lead to exciting experiential opportunities. This interactive presentation will include effective strategies for both online and in person networking.
Not finding the perfect fit and topic to help you meet your course needs?
- Just speak with us and we’ll work to fit the program to your classroom needs.