Looking for the flexibility to customize your business degree? Are you interested in business, and want to maximize your career options?
As a business administration major, you’ll explore a wide range of basic business concepts through core courses required for all CoBA programs, making it easy for you to declare a different business major after your first few semesters. You may also choose to stay with this flexible degree and design your own program of study.
Business administration is an ideal major for transfer students or current PSU students who are changing majors, as transfer credits may be accepted.
These are the specialized courses you will have an opportunity to take for this degree option:
- 3 Upper-Level Business Electives
- 11 Free Electives
- Core courses ensure that students are prepared for diverse professional opportunities.
- General Education courses develop strong writing and critical-thinking skills.
- Students may opt to take introductory courses, which will allow them to identify their strengths, before choosing a major.
- Hands-on learning activities and faculty with extensive experience bring the real world into the
- Individualized career services are available to all students.
Breakdown of 120-credit business degree
Improve core skills essential to success
- First Year Seminar
- 2 Creative Thought Classes
- 2 Past and Present Classes
- 2 Scientific Inquiry Classes
- 2 Self and Society Classes
- Wellness Connection Classes
Build a solid foundation of business knowledge
- Finite Math or Calculus
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Business Computer Applications
- Organizational Communications
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Law
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
& Free Electives
Develop deeper and broader abilities
- Upper-level business classes and free electives
Business Administration, Bachelor of Science
The BS degree in Business Administration is designed for transfer students transferring in to Plymouth 60 or more credits. Most transfer students in this program will be able to complete all degree requirements in four semesters at Plymouth. The Business Administration major is available to all Plymouth students.
|BU 1100||Business Computer Applications (TECO)||3|
|BU 1152||Financial Accounting||3|
|BU 2262||Management Accounting||3|
|BU 2290||Organizational Communications (WRCO)||3|
|BU 2450||Principles of Marketing||3|
|BU 2480||Business Law I||3|
|BU 3210||Financial Management||3|
|BU 3240||Information Technology||3|
|BU 3300||Operations Management||3|
|BU 3420||Organizational Behavior (DICO)||3|
|BU 4220||Strategic Management (INCO)||3|
|EC 2550||Macroeconomics (GACO)||3|
|Mathematics Foundations - complete one of the following:||3|
|Quantitative Reasoning in the Discipline Connection - complete one of the following:||3|
|BU/EC||3000/4000 level Business/Economics electives [not BUDI/ECDI]||9|
|IS 1111||The First Year Seminar: Critical Thinking and the Nature of Inquiry*||3|
|CTDI||Creative Thought Directions||6|
|PPDI||Past and Present Directions||6|
|SIDI||Scientific Inquiry Directions||6-8|
|SSDI||Self and Society Directions||6|
*For students entering with 24 or more transfer credits, this course becomes an elective.
*All course information is from the 2016-2017 Catalog.