Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
BA, University of New Hampshire; JD, University of Maine
Office: Hyde Hall 342
Fall office hours: Tuesday 8:30am – 9:30am in Hyde 342
or visit him in the basement of Mary Lyon, room 034K
About Professor Fischler
Mark James Fischler is a professor in the Department of Criminal Justice at Plymouth State University where he has taught since 2003. Most recently, he has been working extensively with alternative theoretical models and in particular with applications of the Integral Model in law, constitutional law, and higher education. He has published on integral applications to teaching, being a lawyer, and legal theory. Before joining the faculty Professor Fischler practiced law representing poor criminal defendants for the NH Public Defenders Office. Professor Fischler has served as a Guardian Ad Litem and is trained as a marital mediator. Professor Fischler’s personal interests include hiking, playing and watching sports, enjoying wine, and spending time with his wife Nicole and daughter Aurora.
- J.D.B v. North Carolina-An Integral perspective on Miranda rights and juveniles. Paper presentation at the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences Annual Conference New York City, NY 2012.
- Arizona v. Gant-An integral Perspective. Paper presentation at the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences Annual Conference Toronto, Ontario 2011.
- Kennedy v. Louisiana-An integral perspective on child rape and the death penalty. 2nd Biennial Conference on Integral Theory. Pleasant Hill California 2010
- What is the Law? An Integral Perspective. 1st Biennial Conference on Integral Theory. Pleasant Hill, California, 2008.
Awards or recognition
- 2014 Recipient of PSU’s Distinguished Teaching Award
- Nominated for 2011 Distinguished Teaching Award
- Nominated for 2007 Distinguished Teaching Award
- CJ 2040 Criminal Adjudication
- CJ 3150 Society Ethics and the Law
- Dean of First-Year Experience (July 2015 – present)
- Chair, Criminal Justice Department, Plymouth State University (January 2011 – 2015)
- Advisor, Eta Zeta Chapter, Alpha Phi Sigma