What if I want to teach high school?

June 15th, 2010 by Bridget

Elementary Education majors are not eligible for certification to teach high school. To be qualified to teach high school students must earn a major in their field of study, then complete a student teaching experience. Students who wish to teach high school science, math, English, social studies or other subjects can earn teacher certification through the Office of Teacher Certification (OTC). Certification programs are also offered in art, music, health and physical education.

Contact Us

Department of Elementary Education and Childhood Studies

Chair: Alison Wenhart

034 Rounds Hall, Lower Level
8 a.m.–4 p.m., M–F

Phone: 603-535-2285
Fax: 603-535-2879
Email: bgleich@plymouth.edu (Brenda Gleich, Administrative Assistant)

Mailing Address
17 High Street
MSC 38
Plymouth, NH 03264