Our degree in Childhood Studies is …
- Rigorous. You’ll find all the advantages of a four year bachelor’s degree: good academic preparation, broad general education, strong faculty support, and a core set of discipline-specific courses.
Plus It’s …
- Flexible. This major is designed to ensure opportunities for electives, minors and study abroad without extending time to degree or incurring extra costs.
- Tailored. You will create a program that reflects your individual interests and career goals by selecting appropriate coursework and internships that meet your specific needs.
- Marketable. Through extensive fieldwork you will gain real-world experiences and develop professional skills and connections that will make you highly attractive to future employers.
What will you learn about in Childhood Studies?
- Family and Social Issues
- Leadership and Advocacy
- Child Development
- Arts and Creativity
While at PSU, you will spend time in the field. You could choose to work in …
Parks, Schools, Museums, Theaters, Sports Programs, Summer Camps, Youth Centers, Hospitals, Resorts, and More … The possibilities are endless!
What might you do with your degree? Among other things, our majors become …
- After school program counselors
- Residential counselors
- Educational Consultants
- Program Facilitators and Administrators
- Family Support Staff
- Policy Advocates
Open the curriculum planning guide to see all required coursework.