Physical Education Teacher Certification Program
Physical education teachers provide a necessary service to the youth of our generation. When life-threatening diseases related to sedentary lifestyle are more prevalent, the teacher can educate students about the concepts and skills needed to live a healthy lifestyle.
Goals and Objectives
- Prepare candidates with content, skills, and knowledge of physical education.
- Provide teaching experiences that incorporate growth and development concepts.
- Develop active members of learning and professional communities.
- Develop candidates who foster teaching/learning environments that respects diversity.
- Develop candidates who are effective managers and organizers of the learning process.
- Prepare candidates who are able to plan a K-12 content balanced program.
- Develop candidates with technological competencies to motivate students, enhance teacher instruction, and assess student learning.
- Develop thoughtful and reflective practitioners.
- Develop candidates to become effective agents of change through advocacy and professional associations.
- Prepare candidates to be effective communicators and role models.