Assistant Professor of Mathematics
BA, Bucknell University; MPS, Cornell University
Office: Hyde Hall 305
Fall office hours: TBA or by appointment
About Professor Laflamme
Eric Laflamme will be completing his PhD in mathematics at UNH this summer. He earned a Masters degree in applied statistics from Cornell University while his undergraduate degree in mathematics is from Bucknell University. His research includes work on traffic operations, climate change impact, and extreme value theory. Eric is passionate about applying statistics to solve real world problems and teaching. He was born and raised in New Hampshire and works as a ski instructor during the winter.
- Co-author. Time Series Analysis and Models of Freeway Performance. Journal of Transportation Engineering, Volume 138, No. 8, pp. 1030-1050.
- Co-author. Congestion Probability and Traffic Volatility. Transportation Research Record (TRR), Journal of the Transportation Research Board. TRB Paper Number: 12-2029.
- Contributor. Statistics and Probability with Applications for Engineers and Scientists by Bhisham C. Gupta and Irwin Guttman, John Wiley & Sons.
Awards or recognition
- Distinguished Mathematics Professor 2014-2015, PSU Math Association
- MA 2300 Statistics I
- MA 2550 Calculus I
- MA 3280 Regression Analysis
- MA 3500 Probability & Statistics for Scientists
- Director, Statistical Consulting Center, Plymouth State University (2014 – present)