Greetings Choral Music Educators!
[On-line registration: REGISTER!]
Please join me and my students at Plymouth State University for the 39th annual All New England Choral Festival.
DATE: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2016
- Theme: “Five Days that Changed the World” is the title of a 5-movement work for chorus and piano by Bob Chilcott. This will be a unique opportunity to sing a larger work at the festival and engage our students in history’s relevance to current events.I have also invited three wonderful doctoral candidates from Boston University (Emily Jaworski – PSU voice faculty, Tyler Turner, and Michael Fitzer) to work with you while I’m working with your students! You are welcome to join me for an optional conductors’ luncheon at Biederman’s. I am pleased to welcome Josh Desrochers and his singers from Goffstown High School as the featured guest choir.
- Online teacher recommendations due by September 26th.
- Student invitations will be emailed to directors.
- Via email, teacher accepts or declines for each student.
- Music, rehearsal instructions, and digital rehearsal file information will be mailed.
- Registration fee of $30 per participant (including directors) offsets the cost of the music, rehearsal files, clinician, and workshops for the directors. Meals are not included. This fee is payable once you have received your invitation.
The festival concert is open to the public and tickets may be obtained by calling the Box Office at (603)535-ARTS or online at http://www.plymouth.edu/silvercenter/buy-tickets/
If you have questions, I can be reached at email@example.com or (603)728-8184. I look forward to working with your students!
Dan Perkins, DMA
Director of Choral Activities