The Social Science Department at Plymouth State gives you the opportunity to explore and answer significant questions about the nature of humanity, society, politics, history, the environment and other subjects. Through a combination of classroom experiences, field work, travel, research and technology, social science students discover the world, from Africa to India, Europe to New England.
This diverse department offers:
- Majors in anthropology, environmental planning and geography, political science, public management, social science, sociology and tourism management and policy.
- Minors in anthropology/sociology, Pacific Rim studies, political science, Geographic Information Systems and global tourism
- Certificates in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Hospitality Management
- Specialized coursework in areas including global and regional politics; issues of race and gender, travel and tourism, popular culture and public policy; techniques of computer map analysis
- Opportunities for field studies, travel, internship and service experiences
- A committed faculty with a variety of research and teaching interests