Admission to the nursing program is competitive and is not guaranteed. Students must be admitted to the university and to the nursing program.
Admissions decisions are based upon the following criteria:
- Overall academic achievement (GPA).
- Particular emphasis is given to achievement in laboratory science courses.
- Quality of written essay.
- Experience in the field including volunteer work in healthcare. Letters from supervisor required.
- Personal character and professional references.
- A minimum grade of C in all prerequisite courses
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA in all prerequisite courses
- A final grade of 79 or greater in all nursing courses
- Pre-licensure credits in the major: 56 credit hours.
- RN-BS Program: credits in the major: 31 credit hours.
- Graduation: 120 credit hours are required to complete the BS in Nursing.