Chantalle R. Forgues, JD, MBA
Assistant Professor of Law, School of Business
BA, Middlebury College;
JD, Boston University;
MBA, Plymouth State University
Chantalle Forgues joined the Plymouth State University College of Business Administration faculty in fall 2009. She enjoys teaching various law classes and participating in diverse student activities.
Professor Forgues graduated from Middlebury College in 1998 with a degree in political science and a minor in classical languages and civilizations. As an undergraduate, Professor Forgues also studied abroad at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland where she participated in an honors program in international relations. Professor Forgues graduated from Boston University School of Law in 2001 with honors in litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Subsequent to law school, Professor Forgues earned an MBA from Plymouth State University with a certificate in international business.
Professor Forgues started her legal career as a Judicial Law Clerk to the New Hampshire Superior Court where she drafted judicial opinions analyzing diverse legal issues, including complex issues of transactional, criminal, and constitutional law. After her clerkship, Professor Forgues spent several years as a civil defense litigator in Concord, New Hampshire followed by several years as a corporate transactional attorney for a large law firm in Boston, Massachusetts. As a litigator, she won cases on behalf of businesses before regulatory agencies, review boards, as well as before several levels of federal and state courts, including the New Hampshire Supreme Court. As a transactional attorney, Professor Forgues negotiated and structured sophisticated corporate transactions, many valued at over a billion dollars, for Global Fortune 50 companies, with a focus on real estate, financing, business management, and corporate restructuring.
Prior to joining the faculty at Plymouth State University, Professor Forgues held teaching fellowships at both Boston College and Brandeis University where she discovered her passion for teaching.
Professor Forgues enjoys sports and recreation of all kinds and has joined Plymouth State University students in playing ice hockey against the Boston Bruins Alumni team, playing basketball against the Harlem Rockets, and playing flag football with Doug Flutie in Plymouth State University’s Flutie Fest 2011. She also enjoys general aviation, and occasionally you can see her flying a Cherokee Warrior around Plymouth airport.
Selected Cases and Publications
- Forgues, C. R, Mazanov, J. & Smith, J. “Human milk doping and the paradox of anti-doping policy.” Performance Enhancement and Health, 5.4 (2017): 158-165.
- Forgues, Chantalle R. “Traps for the Unwary Commercial Drone User” 50 Bus. Law Rev. 41 (2017).
- Forgues, Chantalle R. “A Global Hurdle: The Implementation of an International Nondiscrimination Norm Protecting Women from Gender Discrimination in International Sports” 19 B.U. Int’l L.J. 247 (Fall 2000).
LEGAL NEWS PUBLICATIONS
- Forgues, C. R. (2019, Mar 20). Supreme Court At-a-Glance. New Hampshire Bar News, pp. 35-37. Reviewing recent decisions of the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
- Forgues, C. R. (2018, Mar 21). Supreme Court At-a-Glance. New Hampshire Bar News, pp. 41-42. Reviewing recent decisions of the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
- Forgues, C.R. (2017, July 19). Supreme Court At-a-Glance. New Hampshire Bar News, pp. 39-43. Reviewing recent decisions of the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
- Forgues, C.R. (2017, March 22). Supreme Court At-a-Glance. New Hampshire Bar News, pp. 42-43. Reviewing recent decisions of the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
- Forgues, C.R. (2016, March 16). Supreme Court At-a-Glance. New Hampshire Bar News, pp. 40-43. Reviewing recent decisions of the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
REPORTED LEGAL DECISIONS
- State of New Hampshire v. Anthony Johnson, 2004-0082 (Sept. 1, 2006)
- Richard Maynard & a. v. Robert Rice, 2004-0398 (July 28, 2005)
- Appeal of New Hampshire Youth Development Center, 152 N.H. 86 (2005)
- Sandra Tothill v. The Estate of Warrant Center, Mt. Washington Assurance Corporation v. Phenix Mutual Fire Insurance Company & a., 152 N.H 389 (2005)
- The State of New York
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- The State of New Hampshire
- The Federal District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- The First Circuit Court of Appeals