Faculty, Educational Leadership
Phone: (603) 535-2308
Dr. Christopher Benedetti has spent over 20 years in education, including as a middle school language arts teacher, basketball coach, principal, and professor. Dr. Benedetti served as assistant principal and principal in urban public schools and rural private schools in Florida. As professor, Dr. Benedetti has developed and taught graduate courses in school leadership, organizational culture, human resources, curriculum and instruction, school finance, education law, and research methods. Dr. Benedetti has presented nationally and internationally on organizational chaos in schools, teacher burnout and satisfaction, parent-teacher role conflict, leader succession, and adult learning in online settings.
Degrees and Education
- PhD in Leadership and Education, Barry University
- MS in Educational Leadership, Nova Southeastern University
- BS in English Education, Florida State University
- Adult learning
- Leader and group behavior
- Leader preparation and development
- Organizational culture and systems
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Benedetti, C. (2017, February). Promoting department chair succession using the three “E”s. 34th Annual Academic Chairpersons Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Benedetti, C. (2016). The trouble with grit. Phi Delta Kappan, 97(7), 80.
- Benedetti, C. (2016, June). Learner adaptation and empowerment: A case study of learning styles and online learning. 2016 Clute Institute International Education Conference, Venice, Italy.
- Benedetti, C. (2015). Online instructors as thinking advisors: A model for online learner adaptation. Journal of College Teaching & Learning, 12(3), 171-176.
- Benedetti, C. (2015, February). Overcoming organizational chaos in schools through team-based productive conflict. 18th Annual American Association of Behavioral and Social Sciences Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Benedetti, C. (2015, February). Parent as teacher, child as student: A case study of a unique dichotomous relationship. 27th Annual Ethnographic and Qualitative Research Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Benedetti, C. (2014, August). Enhancing professional development design using teachers’ learning styles. 2014 One Voice International Conference for Educators, Denver, CO.
- Benedetti, C. (2014, January). Online instructors as thinking advisors: A model for learner characteristic adaptation. 2014 Clute Institute International Education Conference, Orlando, FL.
Awards and Distinctions
- UofPhx Faculty of the Year, 2010
- Phi Delta Kappa Young K-12 Educator of the Year, 2008
Associations, Boards, and Committees
- Academy of Management
- American Educational Research Association
- Phi Delta Kappa
- University Council for Educational Administration
- AD 5020 Staff Development and Evaluation
- AD 5330 Leadership in Curriculum Development and Assessment
- ED 5030 Research Design
- ED 5060 Theories of Learning and Cognitive Development
- EP 8030 Dissertation Seminar: Writing Proposal
- HD 7070 Teaching Post-Secondary Learners