Daniel Lee, Ph. D.
Professor of Economics and Data Analytics, School of Business
BA, California State University Domingues Hills
MA, California State University Los Angeles
Ph. D, Claremont Graduate University
Daniel Lee is a Professor of Economics and Data Analytics at Plymouth State University. Lee completed a Ph.D. in Economics in 2007 and was hired to teach at Plymouth State University that same year. Since joining the University, Lee has developed a series of data analytics courses, including sports data analytics, legal analytics, and financial analytics, and launched a data analytics program in 2022.
After moving from Los Angeles in 2007, Lee’s engagement in economic research for New Hampshire’s business community has been tremendous. Lee created the North Country Economic Index in 2010, worked as the tourism economist for the New Hampshire Division of Travel and Tourism Development, and was appointed by Governor Maggie Hassan to the New Hampshire Economic Development Advisory Council in 2013. In 2016, Lee was voted to the statewide Committee of New Hampshire Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR). Lee published groundbreaking work in legal analytics in Bloomberg Law in 2019 and joined the New England Public Policy Center Advisory Board at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston in 2022.
- Yeo, E. H, Park, K. W. & Lee, D. S. “Exploring Media Depiction of ‘Social Distancing’ during COVID-19 using Topic Modeling and Word Correlation.” Asia-Pacific Journal of Convergent Research Interchange, 7.8 (2021): 357-366.
- Forgues, C. R. & Lee, D. S. (2019, Dec 27). Will Your Clients Be Sued? Big Data Analytics Can Help Predict Lawsuits. Bloomberg Law.
- Forgues, C. R. & Lee, D. S. (2019, Dec 18). Using Big Data Analytics Tools to Predict Litigation Outcomes. New Hampshire Bar News, pp. 1.
- Lee, D. S. (2010 – 2016) North Country Economic Index
- Choi S. & Lee, D. S. “Does Foreign Direct Investment Increase Corruption in Host Countries.” Journal of Economic Studies, 1.29 (2011): 211-250
- Kim, M. H, Lee, D. S. & Park, K. W. “Income Inequality and Marriage.” Economics Bulletin, 15.20 (2007): 1-12