Eric M. Laflamme
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Director, Statistical Consulting Center
BA, Bucknell University; MPS, Cornell University; PhD, University of New Hampshire
Office: Hyde Hall 305
Fall Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 11:00am – 12:00pm
or by appointment
About Professor Laflamme
Eric Laflamme earned his PhD in mathematics from UNH, a Masters degree in applied statistics from Cornell University, and a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Bucknell University. His research includes work on traffic operations, climate change impact, and extreme value theory. Eric is passionate about applying statistics to solve real-world problems and teaching. He has been serving as the Director of PSU’s Statistical Consulting Center since 2013. A native of New Hampshire, Eric is an avid skier and cyclist.
- Author. Statistical downscaling of regional climate model output to achieve projections of precipitation extremes. Journal of Weather and Climate Extremes, Volume 12, pp. 15-23.
- Co-author. Time Series Analysis and Models of Freeway Performance. Journal of Transportation Engineering, Volume 138, No. 8, pp. 1030-1050.
- Co-author. Congestion Probability and Traffic Volatility. Transportation Research Record (TRR), Journal of the Transportation Research Board. TRB Paper Number: 12-2029.
- Contributor. Statistics and Probability with Applications for Engineers and Scientists by Bhisham C. Gupta and Irwin Guttman, John Wiley & Sons.
Awards or recognition
- Distinguished Mathematics Professor 2014-2015, PSU Math Association
MA 2300 Statistics I
MA 2550 Calculus I
MA 3280 Regression Analysis
MA 3500 Probability & Statistics for Scientists
MA 3510 Differential Equations