Professor of Counselor Education
Phone: (603) 535-3119
Gary Goodnough is a National Certified Counselor (NCC) and licensed clinical mental health counselor (LCMHC) in New Hampshire. Goodnough teaches courses in ethics, career counseling and school counseling. He regularly consults with school districts on comprehensive school counseling programs. Prior to becoming Professor of Counseling Education, he worked in public schools as an elementary school teacher in Maryland and as a school counselor and director of guidance in Virginia.
Goodnough is the author of over 30 articles and book chapters and is the co-editor of a book entitled Leadership, Advocacy, and Direct Service Strategies for Professional School Counselors. His work has been published in several counseling journals including Professional School Counseling, Counselor Education and Supervision, The Career Development Quarterly, and Journal for Specialists in Group Work. He is a practicing mental health counselor at the Counseling and Human Relations Center at PSU.
Degrees and Education
- PhD, Counselor Education, University of Virginia
- MEd, Counselor Education, University of Virginia
- BSEd, Elementary Education, University of Delaware
- CO 5010 Professional Orientation, Ethics, and Advocacy
- CO 5230 Career Counseling and Development
- CO 5030 Foundations of School Counseling
- CO 5850 Seminar and Internship in School Counseling
- CO 5880 Seminar and Internship in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- CO 7120 Professional, Legal, and Ethical Issues in Counseling
- ED 8020 Ethical Leadership and Advocacy