Professor of Education and Special Education
Department Chair, Educational Leadership, Learning and Curriculum
Graduate Program Coordinator for Special Education Administration and PBIS Certificate
Phone: (603) 535-2288
About Marcel Lebrun:
Dr. Lebrun has written 13 books and published over 40 articles. He has traveled all over the world presenting on strategies for students with emotional and behavior disorders. He is a world reknown expert in psychological profiling and assessment of pathological and aggressive behaviors in children and adolescents.
Dr. Marcel Lebrun is a professor with 38 years in Education. He has worked in a variety of schools in Canada, Haiti, France, and now the USA. His specialties are working with Special Education students who have Emotional and Behavior Disorders. He is on the NH Positive Behavior Intervention Leadership team where he has presented over 150 workshops in Functional Behavior Assessments, Response to Interventions at Tiers 1-2-3, System Wide School changes and improvement of school climate and culture. He has worked throughout the state of NH bringing positive school interventions to over 50 schools as well as working in the Boston Public School system in inner city schools. He is presently working in collaboration with Harvard University on Instructional Rounds as one of the NH facilitators. He is well known for his many world travels and his superior organizational and time management skills.
He is the Chair of the Department for Educational Leadership, Learning and Curriculum that includes all graduate programs that lead to a Master’s, CAGS and EdD degrees. He is presently the coordinator of the Special Education Administration K-12 Certification program, Doctor of Education Program, and the Higher Education Program. He presently teaches classes in Special Education and Leadership. He is the coordinator of the Special Education 5th year Masters’ program which serves new graduates from the general education teacher certification programs at all levels.
Dr. Lebrun first began at Plymouth State University in 2002 and has worked in the Elementary Education teacher certification, Graduate Special Education, Educational Leadership and Doctoral programs. He has worked extensively with local school districts and schools to place student in practicums and internships.
Dr. Lebrun is sought out for consultation throughout the world in his area of Emotional and Behavior Disorders specialty, School and District Improvement, Educational Leadership and Advocacy, and EdD Doctoral programs. He is presently in year five of the initiative to bring PBIS to northern Canada in 17 Inuit communities.
Dr. Lebrun has been involved in over 8 million dollars worth of grants for education in the last 13 years. These grants have transformed the educational experience for many communities and school districts.
His ongoing research continues to transform the educational systems in many countries as well as here in America.
Degrees and Education
- PhD, University of San Jose
- MEd, University of Manitoba
- BA, University of Manitoba
- BEd, University of Manitoba
- Behavior for at-risk youth
- Functional behavior
- Depression in children
- Sexual orientation
- Educational Leadership
- Wellness in Children and Adolescents
- Lebrun, M. & Mann, E. (2016). Managing Stress for School Success. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers: Estimated release June 2016
- Lebrun, M. (2014). True Colors: Gay and Lesbian Families in the 21st Century. Publish America Maryland
- Lebrun, M. (2012). Books, Blackboards and Bullets 2nd edition. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers Publication Release October 2012
- Lebrun, M. (2012). School Shooters: Monsters or Victims In John Visser’s Transforming Troubled Lives. University of Birmingham, UK, Summer 2012.
- Lebrun, M. (2012). Rebels of Society: The Perils of Adolescence, Lanham, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers: Publication January 2012
- Lebrun, M. (2011). Youth in Crisis: Violence, Victims and Victories, Lanham, Maryland: Rowman November 2011
- Lebrun, M. & Williams, K.,(2009). Keeping Kids Safe, Healthy and Smart. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers
- Lebrun, M. (2008). Books, Blackboards and Bullets. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers.
- Lebrun, M. (2007). Student Depression: The Silent Crisis in our Schools and Communities. LaNHam, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers.
- Lebrun, M. (2005). Reflections on Still Waters: Celebrating Gay Men Lives and Experiences. Maryland: Publish America.
- Lebrun, M., Francis, H. Walker. L., Schonwetter, D. ( 2003). Successful Strategies for University students: An Instructor’s Manual: Toronto: Pearson Education Publishers.
- Lebrun, M. (2000). Wellness Moving Toward an Improved Existence: Published in Power Learning by R.S. Feldman; University of Massachusetts: McGraw-Hill.
- Transgender Students: Strategies to Support in K-12 Classroom, Division of International Special Education and Services (DISES), Managua Nicaragua, June 2016
- Depression in Adolescents, International Association of Special Education, Wroclaw Poland, June 2015
- Healthy Children, Healthy Minds, IAFOR, Dubai, March 2015
- Developing the Inner Leader in you. Starts Now, Asian Educational and Research Conference, Osaka Japan, October 2012
- Children in Crisis: Troubling Times, Atiner International Conference in Education, Athens Greece, May 2012
- The Changing Face of Juvenile Justice Using Positive Behavior Interventions and Programs, Northeast Regional Coalition for Juvenile Justice, Manchester NH, September 2011
- Children in Crisis, International Conference on Behavior Disorders, New Orleans, September 2011
- At Risk Students: The Pathology of Violence, International Association of Special Education, Windhoek, Namibia, Africa, July 2011
- Transforming Troubled Lives, School Shooters: Monsters or Victims, Severe Emotional Behavior Disorders Association, Oxford University, United Kingdom, September 2010
- Books, Blackboards and Bullets, Economy, Education, and Society International Conference, Paris, France, July 2010
- School Shooters: Violence and Depression, Division of Special Education Council of Exceptional Children, Riga, Latvia, July 2010
Awards and Distinctions
- Distinguished Graduate Teaching Award, 2008
Associations, Boards, and Committees
- International Association of Special Education
- Council of Children with Behavior Disorders
- Council of Exceptional Children
- SE 5760 Leadership, Consultation and Collaboration in Special Education (MEd)
- SE 5563, SE 5564, SE 5566, SE 5568 Positive Behavior Intervention Certificate Program (MEd)
- SE 5770 Behavior Disorders in School Aged Children (MEd)
- SE 7800 Practicum in Educational Leadership for Administrators (CAGS)
- EP 8020 Ethical Leadership and Advocacy (EdD)
- EP 8820 Externship (EdD)