Director of Doctor of Education Programs, Professor of Educational Leadership, Graduate Program Coordinator for Special Education Administration and PBIS Certificate
Phone: (603) 535-2288
About Marcel Lebrun:
Dr. Lebrun has written 13 books and published over 40 articles. He has traveled all over the world presenting on strategies for students with emotional and behavior disorders. He is a world renowned expert in psychological profiling and assessment of pathological and aggressive behaviors in children and adolescents.
Dr. Marcel Lebrun is a professor with 42 years in Education. He has worked in a variety of schools in Canada, Haiti, France, and now the USA. His specialties are working with Special Education students who have Emotional and Behavior Disorders. He is on the NH Positive Behavior Intervention Leadership team where he has presented over 150 workshops in Functional Behavior Assessments, Response to Interventions at Tiers 1-2-3, System Wide School changes and improvement of school climate and culture. He has worked throughout the state of NH bringing positive school interventions to over 65 schools as well as working in the Boston Public School system in inner city schools. He is well known for his many world travels and his superior organizational and time management skills.
He is presently the Director of the Education programs and coordinator of the Special Education Administration K-12 Certification program, and the Higher Education Program. He presently teaches classes in Special Education and Leadership.
Dr. Lebrun began at Plymouth State University in 2002 and worked in the Elementary Education teacher certification, Graduate Special Education, Educational Leadership and Doctoral programs.
Dr. Lebrun is sought out for consultation throughout the world in his area of Emotional and Behavior Disorders specialty, School and District Improvement, Educational Leadership and Advocacy, and EdD Doctoral programs. He has worked extensively with local school districts and schools as a consultant and expert in Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports.
Dr. Lebrun has been involved in over 8 million dollars worth of grants for education in the last 13 years. These grants have transformed the educational experience for many communities and school districts.
His ongoing research continues to transform the educational systems in many countries as well as here in America.
Degrees and Education
- PhD, University of San Jose
- MEd, University of Manitoba
- BA, University of Manitoba
- BEd, University of Manitoba
- Behavior for at-risk youth
- Functional behavior
- Depression in children
- Sexual orientation
- Educational Leadership
- Wellness in Children and Adolescents
- Lebrun, M. & Mann, E. (2016). Managing Stress for School Success. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers: June 2016
- M., & Williams, K. (2014) Healthy Children Healthy Minds. Roman Littlefield Publishers.
- Lebrun, M. (2014). True Colors: Gay and Lesbian Families in the 21st Century. Publish America Maryland
- Lebrun, M. (2012). Books, Blackboards and Bullets 2nd edition. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers Publication Release October 2012
- Lebrun, M. (2012). School Shooters: Monsters or Victims In John Visser’s Transforming Troubled Lives. University of Birmingham, UK, Summer 2012.
- Lebrun, M. (2012). Rebels of Society: The Perils of Adolescence, Lanham, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers: Publication January 2012
- Lebrun, M. (2011). Youth in Crisis: Violence, Victims and Victories, Lanham, Maryland: Rowman November 2011
- Lebrun, M. & Williams, K.,(2009). Keeping Kids Safe, Healthy and Smart. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers
- Lebrun, M. (2008). Books, Blackboards and Bullets. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers.
- Lebrun, M. (2007). Student Depression: The Silent Crisis in our Schools and Communities. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman Educational Publishers.
- Lebrun, M. (2005). Reflections on Still Waters: Celebrating Gay Men Lives and Experiences. Maryland: Publish America.
- Lebrun, M., Francis, H. Walker. L., Schonwetter, D. ( 2003). Successful Strategies for University students: An Instructor’s Manual: Toronto: Pearson Education Publishers.
- Lebrun, M. (2000). Wellness Moving Toward an Improved Existence: Published in Power Learning by R.S. Feldman; University of Massachusetts: McGraw-Hill.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Lebrun M. (2021). Emotional Behavior Self Contained Programs: An Evaluation of a Urban Program in progress
- Lebrun, M. (2019). Conflict: Nightmare or Opportunity in Higher Education Leadership. Journal of IAFOR Winter Edition 2020
- Lebrun, M. (2015) Healthy Children Healthy Minds: Strategies for Success, Journal of International Research and Learning, Fall 2015
- Lebrun, M. (2015) Healthy Minds: Healthy Children for A Brighter Future, Journal of IAFOR, Spring Edition April 2015
- Lebrun, M. (2012). Children in Crisis, Problems, Solutions and Hope. Athens Institute for Education and Research. Summer Edition August 2012
- Lebrun, M. (2007). Functional Behavior Assessment: The Fast Food Model to Behavior Assessment. Journal of Exceptional Children, summer 2007.
- Muscott, H., Mann, E., Lebrun, M, (2007). Positive Behavior Interventions and Support in NH: Effects of Large Scale Implementation of School-wide Positive Behavior Support on Student Discipline and Academic Achievement. Journal of Positive Behavior Intervention, spring 2007.
- Lebrun, M, (2007). Behavior Support on Student Discipline and Academic Achievement. Journal of Positive Behavior Intervention, spring 2007.
- Lebrun, M. (2003). Depression in the Middle School: A Crisis Situation. New England Journal of Middle Schools: Number 11, November.
- Lebrun, M. (2003). Depression: A Parent’s Guide to Effective Interventions. New England Journal for Middle School Education: Number 12, December.
- Lebrun, M. (1996). Depression in the Classroom: Can Teachers Identify Depressed Middle Years Students, British Columbia Journal of Special Education: Number 3.
- Lebrun, M & Freeze, R. (1995). Are Manitoba teachers ready for HIV students? Developmental Disabilities: Volume 23, Number 2.
- Lebrun, M. (1995). Knowledge and Attitudes of Manitoba teachers on HIV in Manitoba Schools.! Manitoba Teacher Journal: Number 6.
- Conflict: Nightmare or Opportunity in Higher Education Leadership and Administration. November 8-10th International Conference for Research in Higher Education. Hong Kong, Lingnan University: 2019
- Navigating Anxiety in the K-12 and College Classrooms. January 5-8th International Education Conference: Honolulu, Hawaii: 2019
- Transgender Students: Strategies to Support in K-12 Classroom, Division International Special Education and Services (DISES), Managua Nicaragua, June 2016
- Depression in Adolescents, International Association of Special Education, Wroclaw Poland, June 2015
- Healthy Children, Healthy Minds, IAFOR, Dubai, March 2015
- Developing the Inner Leader in you. Starts Now, Asian Educational and Research Conference, Osaka Japan, October 2012
- Children in Crisis: Troubling Times, Atiner International Conference in Education, Athens Greece, May 2012
- The Changing Face of Juvenile Justice Using Positive Behavior Interventions and Programs, Northeast Regional Coalition for Juvenile Justice, Manchester NH, September 2011
- Children in Crisis, International Conference on Behavior Disorders, New Orleans, September 2011
- At Risk Students: The Pathology of Violence, International Association of Special Education, Windhoek, Namibia, Africa, July 2011
- Transforming Troubled Lives, School Shooters: Monsters or Victims, Severe Emotional Behavior Disorders Association, Oxford University, United Kingdom, September 2010
- Books, Blackboards and Bullets, Economy, Education, and Society International Conference, Paris, France, July 2010
- School Shooters: Violence and Depression, Division of Special Education Council of Exceptional Children, Riga, Latvia, July 2010
Awards and Distinctions
- Distinguished Graduate Teaching Award, 2008
- SE 5760 Leadership, Consultation and Collaboration in Special Education (MEd)
- SE 5563, SE 5564, SE 5566, SE 5568 Positive Behavior Intervention Certificate Program (MEd)
- SE 5770 Behavior Disorders in School Aged Children (MEd)
- SE 7800 Practicum in Educational Leadership for Administrators (CAGS)
- EP 8020 Ethical Leadership and Advocacy (EdD)
- EP 8820 Externship (EdD)
- EP 7020 Collaborative Leadership
- EP 7080 Ethical Leadership and Decision Making