Peter G. Drexel
Professor of Computer Science & Technology
Office: Memorial Hall Room 212
Phone: (603) 535-2696
Fall Office Hours:
Monday 2:30 – 3:30
Tuesday 4:00 – 5:00
Wednesday 11:00 – 12:00
About Professor Drexel
- Current Focus: Systems Analysis, Design and Implementation
- Recently initiated first-of-a-kind 2+2 agreements with Manchester, Nashua and White Mountains Community Colleges
- Managed 100+ community-oriented student projects (for Systems Analysis and Senior Project courses)
- Students’ recent work published in the Winter 2012 PSU “Plymouth” magazine.
- Over 18 years of experience in technology-focused industry before coming to Plymouth State
- Former Chair of the Computer Science and Technology Department (two terms).
- PSU policy-making committees: General Education, Curriculum, Long-Range Planning, Technology-Advisory, etc.
- PSU recruiting: CS&T Department Chair (committee chair), CS&T faculty member (committee chair), PSU Chief Technology Officer (member, 2 occasions), ITS Infrastructure Director (member), ITS Technician (member)
- “Linking to the Real World,” Plymouth Magazine, January 2012.
- ”Using MBTI in a Project-Based Systems Analysis and Design Course,” Drexel and Roberson, International Conference on Engineering and Meta-Engineering.
- “Writing in Computer Science Courses,” Drexel and Andrews, Writing Across the Curriculum Journal.
- “An Experimental Study of Communication in a Datagram Mesh Simulator,” Blaine and Drexel, International Simulation Multi-conference.
Awards or recognition
- Summer Faculty Fellow – NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- CS 2220 – Computer Hardware
- CS 2080 – Visual Basic
- CS 3240 – Data Communications and Networking
- CS 3720 – Systems Analysis and Design
- CS 4250 – Computer Architecture
- CS 4400 – Computer Networks and Protocols
- CS 4520 – CyberEthics
- Amateur Radio Emergency Service
- Civilian Emergency Response Team
- Adult Faith Formation Council